The Holidays should be full of happy memories, not being ARRESTED for Drinking and Driving/Drugging.
Nothing worse than calling your loved one after a holiday party and asking to be bailed out of jail. YIKES!
– COUNT your DRINKS and the Time gone by.
– Perhaps buy a BREATHALYZER at a drug store.
– DON’T Expect Others to be obedient to the law.
– KEEP CLEAR OF BAD DRIVERS WHO SPEED.
– LET THEM SPEED AHEAD and get pulled over themselves. (Karma).
– MEMORIZE a few emergency CONTACT #s in case phone breaks or battery dies. Here are examples of the BEHAVIOR of people who get pulled over during the holidays:
1. Drinking & Driving over the limit of the law
2. DRIVING & TEXTING/DRIVING with Cell phone
3. SWERVING over road lines
4. Driving at night with your LIGHTS OFF
5. FAILURE TO SIGNAL
6. Driving TOO FAST (over speed limit)
7. Driving TOO SLOW (under speed limit)
8. KEEP YOUR TEMPER IN CHECK – resist the temptation to retaliate against bad drivers So how can you be DEFENSIVE:
– BE VISIBLE – drive w/ LIGHTS ON – day or night)
– Check vehicle is in a roadworthy condition.
– Check all lights and indicators, brakes & tires
– Check steering, shock absorbers, exhaust system
– Check to see if you have enough gas for journey
– Plan the route to your destination w/ enough time
– Try the Waze App, Google Maps or other digital direction programs, it makes life easier!
Have yourself a SAFE & HAPPY HOLIDAY!